The Faculty of Information Technology focuses on the study, design, development, implementation, support, and management of computer based information systems. Its courses are designed to provide a coherent view of the significance of information relevant in today’s context. Emphasis is placed on practical application of knowledge and the use of computer.
The staff of the faculty specialize in areas such as: IT policies and issues, IT and packaged software implementation, outsourcing of technology services, electronic marketplaces and virtual communities, pricing of information goods, knowledge management, and database management.
Graduates of the program will have acquired knowledge and skills to contribute to our continuously evolving technological world.
“Challenging the Future and Beyond…“
In this digital era of e-Learning, Internet-of-Things, Knowledge Management and many others, I welcome you to the Faculty of Information Technology. The Faculty plays a significant role of carrying out the mission of student-centered, research project-focused and service-oriented ICT-specialized institution in Sudan. We take pride in developing and honing the 3 ‘H’s of our students: the Head for the Knowledge, the Hands for the Skills and the Heart for the Attitude; as they embark on their journey of learning, innovation and discovery and meeting the challenges and opportunities of the ever-changing time.
Dr. Emmalyn Capuno
Dean, Faculty of IT
Vision & Mission
The Faculty of Information Technology envisions itself to be the leader in producing holistic globally competitive ICT professionals.
Moving forward to the frontiers of developing human knowledge, the Faculty of Information Technology is committed to produce excellent graduates in Information Technology, business, marketing, management, and banking through quality instruction, relevant research, industry linkages, and academic collaboration with local and international organizations.
Specifically, it concerns itself with both pedagogic and community services. It prepares and trains information technologist cadre of graduates who are able both to direct the country’s economic units and to apply the latest knowledge in information technology to develop appropriate solutions that lead to greater managerial efficiency.
To achieve the said goals, the Faculty of Information Technology takes the responsibility to provide students with relevant knowledge in computer applications with emphasis in areas related to system analysis design tailored to the user needs.
- Provide the students with basic concepts relevant to man agement in an attempt to demonstrate both the importance and relevance of information technology for the management process.
- Introduce students to modern methods in the area of information technology.
- Help students apply their theoretical knowledge of information technology to actual practice through designed training programs. Enhance the student’s ability to absorb contemporary information technology theories that deal with the analysis of decision problems.
- Familiarize students with basic economic concepts and with means of economic analysis and evaluation.
- Undertake a graduation project on a practical problem facing a certain state or private agency in the administrative field and the presentation of appropriate solutions that lead to better performance.
In the area of community services, the faculty looks forward to developing competency in activities related to the field of information technology through:
- Undertaking of consultative studies for both public and private sectors.
- Organizing symposia and in-service trainings in different spheres of information technology in collaboration with local and international industries and universities.